Interesting Facts About German Footballer Toni KroosBy Peter C
The 31-year-old World Cup winner is arguably one of the best players of his generation. Possessing great vision and incisiveness with the ball, he is ranked among the best midfielders of the past decade.
Kroos joined Real Madrid from German Bundesliga heavyweights Bayern Munich after the 2014 World Cup, and that deal has proven to be one of the best deals in modern-day football history.
Even though the midfield maestro has announced his retirement from international football following Germany’s round of 16 ousters from the Euro 2020, he remains a fascinating player to watch.
Here are some interesting stats worth knowing about the player’s football career:
– Kroos won 2 La Liga titles, 3 UEFA Champions League trophies, 4 FIFA Club World Cups, and 2 Spanish Super Cups.
– The enigmatic midfielder made a total of 106 appearances for the German national team, also known as “Die Mannschaft,” scoring 17 times and assisting a further 19.
– For Real, Kroos has made 290 appearances for the Spanish giants with a total of 90 goals contributions (20 goals, 70 assists).
– He was born in Greifswald, East Germany
– His nickname is ‘Iceman.’
– Birgit Kammer, Kroos’ mom is a retired badminton player, while his dad used to engage in professional wrestling.
– His (Toni’s) younger brother plays football professionally and is currently playing his trade at Eintracht Braunschweig.
– Kroos won several titles during his time with the Bavarians also.